Mo - Fr 10:00 - 18:00h, Sat 10:00 - 15:00h. July - August 10:00 - 13:00 and 18:00 - 21:00h.
- Credit Card
- Disabled access
- Guided Tour
- Parking nearby
- Pets allowed
Mo - Fr 10:00 - 18:00h, Sat 10:00 - 15:00h. July - August 10:00 - 13:00 and 18:00 - 21:00h.
Of the 20,000m2 that are the Almudaina Royal Palace only a small part of it is accesible to the public as it is here that the Military Command of the Balearics is based.
The King Juan Carlos uses the palace as his official residence during his vacations each year in Mallorca.
♥ Christmas Crip in Town Hall Palma
Location: Plaza de Cort, 1. Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 9 – 21 h., Sun 10 – 20 h
♥ Christmas Crip of the Caputxines
Location: C/ Caputxines 14, Palma de Mallorca; entrance 3,00 Euros as a donation.
Opening hours: 11 a 14 y 17.30 a 20.30 h, except 25/12 and 1/1.
♥ Christmas Crip Mallorquín in Misericordia
Location: Centro Cultural la Misericòrdia. Plaza de l’Hospital, 4. Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: 10 – 14 h and 16 – 20 h.
♥ Christmas Crip of the Market de Santa Catalina
Location: Plaza Navegació, s/n. Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: the same as the market itself.
♥ Christmas Neapolitan Crip in the Museum Fundation Bartolomé March
the whole year
Location: Palau Reial, 18, Palma de Mallorca; entrada 4,50 Euros.
Opening hours: Mo – Fri 10 – 14 h
♥ Christmas Hebrew Crip
Location: Iglesia de Santa Catalina Tomàs
Pl. de Santa Pagesa, 5 Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 10.30 – 12 h and 19 – 20.45 h, Sun 8 – 13 h and 17 – 20
♥ Christmas Crip of the Center of Military History and Culture
Location: Calle Sant Miquel, 69 BJS. Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 11:00 – 13:00h and 17:30 – 20:30 h. Sat 11:00 – 14 h.
♥ Christmas Crip of the Church San Antonio Abat
Location: C. de la Blatera, 49. Son Ferriol
Opening hours: Sat 19.30 h, Sun 10 and 19.30 h
♥ Christmas Crip of the Church Sant Roc
Location: C. del Reverend Gabriel Bestard, 12, Palma de Mallorca
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 18.30 – 20.30 h, Sun 10.30 – 12.30 h
♥ Christmas Crip de la Parroquia de Cristo Rei
Location: C. de Baltasar Valentí, 32 A. El Viver
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 19 – 20 h, Sun 10 – 11 h
♥ Christmas Crip of the Fundation “Sa Nostra”
Location: C. de la Concepció, 12
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10.30am – 1.30pm and 5 – 8pm.
Originally, Museum of Mallorca opened its doors in the Palacio Ayamans in 1968. It is a window through which we can view the history of art, a treasure trove of archaeological discoveries, paintings, craftwork and antique furniture.
Many of the ceramic works of Mallorca are artistically undervalued and in contrast to that viewpoint one may see pieces by the ceramacists La Roquete on the second floor of the Museum. The plates, vases and jars are decorated in splendid colours and with great attention to detail.
A magnificent tiled wall, decorated with a marine landscape resembles a giant puzzle, uniting in a common work, boats, trees, a house, marine birds and a cane plantation with millimetre perfect attention to detail.
The vanguard of 20th Century artists are shown next to the works of Joan Junyer and Joan Fuster, pertinent to the Grup de Lluc Alcari. Work by Hans Otto Poppelreuther, a watercolour of the town of Deía shows the village in a carefree time now gone by. Nevertheless in this context there is also a portrait of the writer Robert Graves by the painter Archie Gittes from 1948 that is strangely severe.
Already from the broad entrance you´ll see a cultivated garden with a decorative fountain and a sundial. The rooms and halls go out from the entrance hall and fascinate with their clear and simple line, however, with tasteful arrangements. To give an impression of the solid life, here a young Majorcan woman in the national costume of the island. Furniture with valuable carvings, chairs and armchairs with high-quality material give you a small impression of the wealth which was acquired by the squires.
In a lot of manors of Majorca and in Els Calderers as well, there is a chapel for the services in the familiar circle. This chapel was consecrated by the bishop of Majorca. The altar is made from marble, the ornaments are gilded. In the cellar spaces of the manor house caskets are filled with the wine from own vineyards. Already in bottles the best wines of Els Calderers. The copper kettles which were used by the cellarman to work are still in good condition.
Then we go up in the first floor. There is the big hall decorated with sandstone. Portraits about the desk complete the hall which was used at the same time as a workroom. For familiar parties the big table with place for 18 guests already covered with fine china. Coming from the main building, the way leads us in the perfectly furnished workroom in which not only the tools are to be seen for the farm work but also the glasses with home-made marmalade and the real Majorcan tomatoes.
On the manor Els Calderers in the municipality San Juan the time seems to have stopped. Everything is perfect, so as if the squire emerged constantly again and walk by his broadminded halls.
The monastery and its church constantly fell prey to attacks and plundering by pirates and had to be rebuilt several times. Thanks to more pilgrims viisting the site, lodgings were built in the 18th century and in 1824, the hermits of the religious orders of Saint Peter and Saint Paul stayed here.
The most impressive part of the monastery is the entrance gate which is decorated with a reproduction of the Last Supper the origianl of which is at the Portal el Mirador – Viewpoint Portal – of the Cathedral of Palma. The baroque high altar of the church was made by the sculptor Pere Coronero, from Valencia. In one side chapel, there is a gothic altar from the 15th century which has many figures representing scenes from the life of Christ..
Situated behind the Monastery of Lluc, the Hermitage of San Salvador is the second most important pilgrimage place on Mallorca and is a very popular tourist attraction as you can tell from the large quantity of buses that are parked there. The sale of souvenirs and small figures of the Virgin and saints is a profitable business for the monks.
The view from the Puig de San Salvador – hill of San Salvador – is impressive, There is the Sierra de Tramontana – Tramontana mountain range – to the west, The City of Palma to the south Cabrera to the southeast and directly below the monastery, the central plain of Mallorca can be seen. Finally to the north, the ports of Pollensa and Alcudia can be seen in the distance and the island of Formentor.
Pollensa has always been the city of the artists: painters like Anglada Camarasa and Tito Cittadini even changed Paris for this place. More than thirty years ago, here took place the International Contest of Plastic Arts, whose winners exhibit their work at the Pollensa Museum, which has many other things to offer, such as the collection of gothic altarpieces that, in part, come from the parish church and, in part, from the chapel of the Puig de Santa María – Santa María hill.
An important part of the museum is dedicated to the artist Atilio Boveri, whose oil paintings, which were created in Mallorca between 1912 and 1915, reproduce the Gardens of Raixa, the King’s Castle, the Caves of Bóquer, the Torrent of Pareis, the Mill of Ca’n Jura, the Pass of Ternells, the fruit trees and orchards of Pollensa, the Calvari way, the streets of Pollença and the fig, olives and almond trees.
Moreover, a Mandala surprises those who visit the Pollensa Museum. For Buddhists, this is the explanation for the birth, existence and destruction of the universe; a complex aid for reflection and concentration.
During his visit to Pollensa, in 1990, the Dalai Lama gave a Kalachakra Mandala to the city, also known as a wheel of time. The complex Mandala represents 722 gods together with their palaces, and it was made in the Namgyal Monastery, in the Indian Himalayas.
Officially, the Pollensa Museum, opened in 1975, is located in the old monastery of the Dominicans that was built between 1588 and 1616 and occupied by monks to 1836. Today the Museum is a cultural meeting point for the art and music lovers, as well as for theatre enthusiasts.
In 1348, there was a boys school in the monastery that existed until it was secularization. In the 14th century a hermitage devoted to the protection of the Virgin of Mount Sión was built thanks to funding from two rich families of the area. In the Latin grammar school, the schoolchildren prepared to graduate to higher education.
Today, Montesión is a hostel with beds for pilgrims and tourists. During Santa Semana or Holy Week before Easter, the sanctuary becomes one of the most popular pilgrimage places in Mallorca.
From here the visitor has a wide view across Porreres to Manacor, located at the north-west. And to the southeast, you can see Campos and Felanitx.
Kristian Krekovic was born on 28th February, 190, the son of a forest ranger and hunter of the Vienna court. From childhood he showed a great interest in painting. In Vienna, he discovered the great masters, as well as his own vocation. His artistic training was reflected in his hard work.
After finishing his studies in the Viennese school he travelled to Paris, where he completed his training in the art school. In 1928, he was awarded with a gold medal and an honours diploma in the International Art Exhibition of Bordeaux. In 1960, he moved to Mallorca, where he settled permanently.
During the last 25 years before his death, he devoted his study to Spanish and Balearic art. The most outstanding episodes of the history and customs of Mallorca can be appreciated in his paintings.